Monday, June 1, 2009

Squeegee

Just another Manic Monday for real. Billing at work today which meant lots and lots of work. I suppose it made the day go by faster but but WOW I DO NOT look forward to the first of the month. I was told that I am being given a new position at work which will entail a lot of learning and possibly a raise!! YAY!! We will see how it goes.

I started the first of my three summer courses this week. Of course I saved it all until the day it was due which meant I had to read 60 text book pages, take a quiz, partake in the discussion on the class message boards, pick a topic for my end of semester paper AND write a response paper. WHEW! It is tiring just typing everything I had to do. I got it all done with only about 4 minutes to spare until the due date. Perhaps I should start on my next two chapters earlier this week.

Mike and I got to attend Jason and Lindsey's wedding this weekend. It was so great to see them get married. They are such a beautiful couple! It was a small wedding so I kind of felt privileged to be there. The ceremony was in her uncle's backyard right on a river. The weather was perfect and the yard looked great. 


She looked beautiful walking down the aisle and Jason could NOT stop smiling and he couldn't take his eyes off of her. I seriously cried when I watched her walking towards him! It was a very personal ceremony and it was great to hear a lot of talk about how a happy marriage is built on the teachings of Jesus Christ. It was a good reminder for Mike and I to keep first things first. 


They both looked great but it was almost difficult to even notice what they were wearing beside their smiles. They were so happy that it overshadowed any other detail of the day.


Me, Mike, and Ryan

The reception was great. It was in a smaller room which made it feel more intimate. Their first dance was so cute! I think they must have taken dancing lessons because Jason looked like he was concentrating really hard but they just couldn't get it. They both laughed it off and it was quirky and great.

Their cake was simple and beautiful.

Partying Down

CONGRATULATIONS MR. AND MRS. FARNSWORTH!!

By the way, they are going to Greece AND Egypt for their honeymoon.... JEALOUS!!!
I am sure they will have a fabulous time and I can't wait to see tons of pictures.

It was (mostly) a great day. I won't even get into the reason it wasn't totally a great day. Anyway this post is getting a little long but there is so much to talk about! I guess I will leave you with some gratitude and save the rest for another day.

1. I am grateful to have such great, down to earth, sweet friends.
2. I am grateful to be smack dab in the middle of wedding season. It is just so happy!
3. I am grateful that Mike cleaned the kitchen while I was at work because it was making me gag.

P.S. Congrats Mommy Whilden on your upcoming nuptials! 

No comments:

Post a Comment